A few months ago my son asked me if I would be able to knit a Leeds United cushion for his girlfriend to give to her Dad.
I said I’d give it a go but it would have to go to the back of the queue!!
A couple of weeks ago I felt the time was right so I did some drawings for the family to chose from.
Once they’d let me know which design they liked the best I was off and running.
I knit most of my cushions in one piece to reduce the number of seams needed.
Here it is being blocked…almost ready for sewing together. Just the small matter of embroidering on the LUFC and crocheting a white Yorkshire Rose to finish it off.
This is quite different from the kind of thing I would normally knit and I am pleased with the finished result, I think that I managed to fulfil the brief!!
I’m told that Olivia’s Dad was very happy with it too.